Volunteering with ICV
Opportunities for Individual Volunteers
ICVolunteers provides motivated individuals with unique short- and long-term opportunities to volunteer in local, national and international settings. By helping others, volunteers offer their knowledge and experience to provide critical assistance to important humanitarian and other non-profit projects. At the same time, they also acquire new skills and grow both personally and professionally.
What does ICVolunteers offer?
- Conference Volunteering. Work with other ICV volunteers to help plan, host, interpret and report on events for some of the most interesting and important local, national and international conferences.
- CyberVolunteering. The CyberVolunteers Program recruits, trains and coordinates volunteers with skills in information and communication technology (ICT) for development. Volunteers participate in local, regional and international projects for a period of several weeks or months, offering their skills in areas such as web or software development, system administration and content generation.
- Language services. ICVolunteers recruits and coordinates volunteer translators and interpreters. We manage a network of community interpreters who accompany migrants (MigraLingua).
- Communications and journalism. Write and edit articles, interviews and other contributions for ICV publications, our website and other online forums.
- Volunteering in different places around the world. Volunteers can participate in local, regional and international projects for a period of several weeks or months in communications and journalism, information and communications technology, or conference services.
- Other professional activities. Individuals can apply their professional talents, including accounting, bookkeeping, computer maintenance, transportation services, and other important skills, to help our organization manage and build its programs.
- Internships and 'long-term' volunteering with ICVolunteers. We offer internships (unpaid) and long-term volunteer opportunities, be it in translation (from and to English, French and Spanish), event organization, writing and editing, Internet research, IT-related work (web, system and software development) and resource mobilization in Geneva (Switzerland). We are also looking for long-term volunteer for our offices in Canada, France, Mali, South Africa, Spain and are working with online volunteers.
How to participate?
When volunteers register with ICVolunteers, we send them regular updates on upcoming projects. Once an individual decides to sign up for one, we will then send specific information related to the project.
Help ICVolunteers link knowledge with needs today!
- Have a look at our latest projects.
- If you wish to get updates on the activities of ICVolunteers and would like to participate as a volunteer, please fill in our registration form.